BREAKING NEWS

An Influential French Director Is Accused of Sexual Abuse. The Reaction Has Been Muted.

An Influential French Director Is Accused of Sexual Abuse. The Reaction Has Been Muted.
30 Jul
8:42

But their sexual contact became rougher, she told the police, sometimes causing bleeding. In at least one instance, he refused her request to use protection, and on two occasions he began having sex with her while she was asleep, stopping when she woke up and pulled herself away, according to her account to the police.

On April 10 of this year, he stopped by her apartment though she had been avoiding him for several weeks. “I was stressed in his presence,” she told the police. She showed him the toy pig aware that it might irritate him, but not expecting that he would rape her, she said.

When she was at the Cannes Film Festival in May, she told The Times, Mr. Besson ordered her to return to Paris for a working session on the film “Anna,” which is due for release next year. He asked her to come late on the night of May 17 to the luxurious Bristol Hotel, where Mr. Besson, who lives in Los Angeles, often stays during his frequent trips to Paris.

It was around 1 a.m. when she sat down on a couch in his suite’s living room. Shortly after, she told The Times, he put his hand up her dress and penetrated her.

“I told him: ‘Stop. You are hurting me,’” she told the police, according to the report she filed. “When I said that, he said: ‘What, I didn’t hear you,’ or ‘I didn’t understand.’”

Ms. Van Roy said in the Times interview that she began crying. “I tried to fake an orgasm for him to stop,” she said. “It was very dark and I thought, ‘If I leave now, it’s the end of my career.’”

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/movies/luc-besson-metoo-france.html

Recommended

« »